She made a vision board and here are 10 things she says have manifested in her life:
"1. I’ve attracted successful mentors into my life. Shannon Boodram, Shannae Ingleton, Stuart Knight, Bryan Brock, Rakia Reynolds, Bea Arthur + more (Google them! My mentors are freakin’ awesome!) all came through my power of thought. Before they even knew I existed I envisioned myself speaking with them, learning from them and excelling in my own endeavours as a result of their advice… and BOOM it happened.
2. I launched a business + brand. Some people probably don’t even know that I co-owned my first company at age 19 as a fashion stylist and personal shopper for professionals in the music and entertainment industry. It wasn’t until about 2011- ish when I begun creating my personal brand. I had a large vision of building an empire but started very small. Prior to starting a business of any kind, I volunteered a lot, asked questions, watched documentaries, and read many books so that I would be ready when God presented an opportunity in front of me. Here I am today living my dream.
3. I’m a media darling. I’ve been blessed to make multiple expert appearances on Rogers TV, Global Television, MTV Canada, ESSENCE magazine, Vibe Vixen, Product Magazine + more. My debut novel, Everything I Couldn’t Tell My Mother was featured on The Queen Latifah Show website also . My next big dream is to make an appearance in O Magazine or the OWN Network, TedX, The Social …. and I’d also love to work behind the scenes with notable women in television like: Shonda Rhimes, Lena Dunham, Mindy Kaling, Mara Brock Akil + a few others.
4. I caught the travel bug. In May 2014, I took my first work trip (as a personal brand) out to Washington DC to speak at Conversations Her Way. I later was invited back again by the Uniquely You Summit in September. Furthermore, a church invited me to Nigeria for a conference later that November, but due to the intensity of the Ebola virus, my family doctor advised that I stay home. 2015 afforded me business opportunities in New York and New Jersey and I’ve just booked my first 2016 business trip in January. I will be hosting the Moguls in Media event in Philadelphia.
5. I’m an (low key) actress. I have no dreams of winning an Emmy award, but I do admire the confidence of on-screen professionals. Acting helps me develop my skills as a speaker and builds my mental toughness. So I re-connected with an old friend, Janelle Morgan, Founder of Morgan Model Management. She is now my talent agent and helping me navigate the industry. On another note, would you believe me if I told you that a Hollywood talent agent scouted me for a TV pilot on VH1? Yeah yo. The vision board is totally real. On another note, I also just finished the screenplay adaptation to my novel and one of my dreams is also to become a TV writer so being in the industry allows me to learn a ton.
6. I’m a Best-Selling Author. Ever since I can remember, I’ve always had dreams of becoming a professional writer. But it was never enough for me to just be a writer. In anything I do, I want to be the best. So after dropping out of college, I created a vision board and wrote down my goal. In 2010, at the age of 22, I became a nationally published journalist who has been published in every major Canadian newspaper. I wrote about everything from world issues to politics, fashion to travel, human interest to environment and my fave, celebrity features. I later went on to write my novel, Everything I Couldn’t Tell My Mother and at age 26, became an Amazon best seller in two weeks. Debuting at #16 in Kindle in the Children’s Girls & Women’s books category and #47 in Paperback and Hardcover Fiction books.
7. I finally got serious about my health. This incident is very recent. I used to take boxing classes. I loved the workout and my coach was pretty awesome too. Life got in the way and I took a small break, which turned into yearlong. But check this out, last week as I’m walking down Front street on my way to a TV interview, I bump into Juan, my boxing coach. Perfect timing. Two days later, we were back in the gym. When you walk with purpose, you will attract the right people into your life.
8. I purchased a car. Almost 3 years ago my sister was driving my car and got into an accident which totalled it. In my head I thought, damn where am I going to find money for a new one? Till this day, I can’t even tell you how and why. But last year I was able to gather enough funds to buy a Mazda for my mom, sister and I to get around. God had my back on this one.
9. I hired an Entertainment Lawyer. Welp! I will admit, this past weekend was challenging. I was interviewing lawyers because …. well you just have to wait and see. After receiving a few quotes of upwards of $2000.00 I was feeling discouraged and defeated. Sunday morning I was watching a sermon by Paula White on YouTube. She is my go-to when I need a pick-me-up and I was inspired to hold on to my faith. Girl, on Monday afternoon I had a meeting with an lawyer from Los Angeles (a referral from my mentor Shannon Boodram) and he agreed to help me for a fraction of the cost. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! None other than God and the power of my vision.
10. I purchased an investment property. This is a goal I really wanted to achieve before the age of 30. With the help of my Realtor Aaron Charles, my financial advisor and my vision board, I put down funds on a pre construction stacked townhouse in Richmond Hill."
Click here for the full story!
Her #visionboard #dreamboard Came True! Investment Property and more #itwasonmyvisionboard #thesecret #thelawofattraction #lawofattraction
Follow This Blog By Email:
Search This Blog:
Visits Since Jan 20, 2015